Graduating? Read on for celebration ideas!
Unique Ways to Celebrate Graduation
Graduating from an online university can be surprisingly depressing. You’ve worked hard, done well in your classes, and have truly earned your degree. But, without the traditional cap-throwing, gown-wearing, sappy music-playing graduation ceremony, finishing coursework can sometimes feel anticlimactic. But, don’t let that get you down. Many online graduates find their own way to celebrate. You may want to give one of these unique celebrations a try:
1. Throw your own ceremony or party. If you can’t attend a traditional ceremony, why not throw your own? Choose a theme, send out invitations, and celebrate your accomplishments with your best friends. Be sure to have your diploma on the wall to show interested guests. Then, spend the evening with upbeat music, good food, and interesting conversation.
2. Take a trip. Chances are that you’ve put off some of your vacationing desires in order to finish your educational commitments. But, now that you’re finished with school, take some time to do what you’ve always wanted. Whether it’s a cruise of the world, a vacation to Maui, or a weekend at a local bed and breakfast, you deserve it.
3. Splurge on a career related activity. Did you pass up going to an amazing business conference, becoming a member of an elite art museum, or subscribing to a career journal because you needed the money and time for your schooling? If so, now is your chance to celebrate by ordering tickets, planning your trip, or signing up. Not only will you enjoy it, but it may provide unexpected opportunities to progress in your field of work.
4. Renovate your study. Since you’ve finished with the late nights on the computer and the “Stay Out” signs on the door, why not redecorate the room (or corner) you’ve always used to study. If you have a big space, consider turning it into a parlor for entertaining, a home theater, a game room, or home spa. Or, if you made your homework habitat in a little corner of the house, consider redecorating it with artwork, famous quotes, or posters to inspire you in your career.
5. Give Back. You’ve had amazing opportunities and your new degree promises to bring even more chances for exciting experiences. Now, consider finding a way to give back to your community. Think about volunteering at a local school, dishing out at a soup kitchen, tutoring students at the library, or reading at a neighborhood senior center. Sponsor an orphan in India or become a member of a civil rights group. Whatever you choose, giving back is sure to have real results that bring personal satisfaction.
Resume Help for Online Grads